Today I joined with others outside of an abortion clinic in NE Philadelphia and held a sign up to bring notice to the atrocities that were occurring in that Planned Parenthood building. I joined other Christians in praying for the unborn children scheduled to be aborted, prayed for the parents who were choosing this path, prayed for the staff who were assisting and perpetrating these horrors, and prayed to the one who can change it all. He is the Creator and Defender of every life. Every one.
I found out about the Protest, Prayer, and Pleading event about a week ago and spent the last 7 days reviewing resources and praying so that I might be equipped to be used by God today. I don’t know if anyone reading this might have the same burden so below I linked the resources that were helpful to me this week. May God grant us strength and boldness to speak for the voiceless and to protect the vulnerable.
1. Abortion and the Gospel article by Russell Moore
- Our message does not stop with truth and justice but moves on to grace and forgiveness
- If you are planning to attend as a “prayer” or “pleader” please consider how you will pray and plead with a woman as she enters the clinic as well as how you will plead and pray with her as she leaves the clinic.
2. Story of John Barros’ ministry (8 minute video) with commentary from R.C. Sproul Jr.
3. Speak for the Unborn (Website)
- Watch this 10 minute video profiling street ministry and see engagement with women approaching an abortion clinic. This is a good “what should I expect to see” video to watch if you are planning to engage in protest or ministry outside of a clinic.
- This is a Resource Guide to guide prayers and equip for sidewalk ministry.
4. Abortion: Making the Case slideshow from Tim Challies.
5. Desiring God – Collection of sermons from John Piper related to abortion. Some quotes from Abortion: Shall we listen to God or Man? –
- “In order to be bold and forthright and clear in what you say for Christ in public, you do not need to be formally educated or unusually skilled. What you need is real fellowship with Jesus—real experience with Jesus, the kind of experience that enables you to say: “I cannot but speak what I have seen and heard.”
- “So the first lesson for today is that you don’t have to be formally educated or unusually skilled in order to be bold and forthright and clear in what you say for Christ in public. What you need is real fellowship with Jesus.”
- “The Bible says that the law of God is written on the heart of every person (Romans 1:32, 2:15). It says that everyone is created in God’s image (Genesis 1:27). There is reason to believe, then, that your witness to the truth—about abortion, or any other issue—will trigger something deep inside of people. It will have the ring of truth in their heart of hearts, though it may be temporarily suppressed in unrighteousness. And who knows what God may be pleased to do if his truth is spoken boldly and clearly by tens of thousands of evangelical Christians?”
- “on the abortion issue and every important issue. We are not called to win; we are called to witness.”
6. Most Important Question in the Abortion Debate – 7 min. sermon excerpt by David Platt
7. Abort73 – offers facts and arguments for the end of abortion.
Abort 73 Overview of abortion (5 minutes)
One thought on “Resources for Pro-Life Ministry”
Pingback: Resources for Defending the Unborn